5 Baby Shower Gift Ideas & Organic Toy Giveaway
I was at a very fabulous baby shower recently (congrats to my friend Lucinda Cross over at corporatemomdropouts.com on her beautiful baby boy) and we started talking about how you rarely see toys as baby shower gifts anymore. Not that everybody doesn't love toys, but, believe it or not, with recent concerns of BPA, lead and other toxins along with recent recalls of many made-overseas products, toys have become pretty controversial items. And often, not always so safe for baby items.
Thankfully there are plenty of other fantastic items for you to get showered with. I'll walk you through a few of my picks in a minute. But I must say, I was really glad to learn about a toy company called Wee Organics. They hand make lead-free, PVC-free and worry-free toys from wood. The products are made in Vermont from all-natural, organic ingredients using sustainable materials and reforestation programs.
Post a comment below and you'll be entered to win four select toys from Wee Organics! Click here for rules.
My Top 5 Picks For Baby Shower Gifts:
1. Worry-free, all-natural wood toys such as teethers, rattles, pull toys, cars and tractors or puzzles from Wee Organics. (Don't forget to post a comment below and be entered to win four select toys from Wee Organics!)
2. Another baby shower pleaser: the must-have diaper bag. I've never been one for a diaper bag with ducks, I prefer a diaper bag with style. After all, I'm the one who has to carry it! Make sure there are adjustable straps, waterproof lining, and plenty of pockets. I like this one by Kalencom.
I also love the bags from Timi & Leslie -- check out the black patent leather number or the Aurelie Satchel Bebe diaper bag.
Or something fun from Petunia Pickle Bottom.
3. Buy like the celebrities and personalize! There’s nothing like a monogrammed bib, baseball cap, or blanket to make an expecting mom smile. Check out these personalized gifts from Beverly Hills Burp Club.
4. If you really want to splurge and make a lasting impression, give a very fabulous "diaper cake" like this one from Lil Baby Cakes. This Tahitian 5 Tier Diaper Cake is filled with goodies like Burt's Bees products, washcloths and a pacifier. The darling embellishments, florals and ribbon are all icing on the cake. Want to save money? Get inspired and make your own variation!!
5. You can easily spice up any standard baby shower gift with an inexpensive, fun item like designer pacifiers, from mypacifier.com. Order ones with the baby's name on it or something more expressive, like "My Mom Rocks" or "My Dad’s Cool".