5 Must-Have Boots for Fall
So the calendar, the weather, and our schedules may still say summer, but we’ve gotta face it: fall is just around the corner. Stores have had pre-fall on their floors for months now. Leather jackets, cozy sweaters, and wool coats have begun their siren song. I just can’t stay away! Fall fashion makes me giddy -- the layers, the textures, the rich colors, the outfit combinations are endless. I gravitate towards the racks and sift through stacks of sweaters like some kind of sartorial zombie on the regular.
My husband often has to pull me back to reality with a few (seven?) calls of my name and the gentle reminder that the weather is indeed still in the 80s and will continue to be for the next six weeks. That means it’s time for a bootie call! They are the perfect transition piece -- updating my summer wardrobe and curbing my craving for fall.
Above, from left, a few of my favorites from around the web. Here’s why:
* A good, stacked heel is the rational choice for a gal on the go. It wards off lower back pain and since you’re feet aren’t on an incline you can run circles for hours without needing to switch out shoes.
* The ankle detail on Tarzhay’s Kiriana boot adds just enough bohemian flair that you won’t look like a cowgirl if you pair it with a maxi skirt. Ladylike with an edge -- the perfect combo in an everyday boot.
* Every girl needs a burgundy boot for Fall. It’s like a bold red lip for your feet! It amps up even the most basic sweater-and-jeans look.
* Like designer shoes but loathe the prices? Sixtyseven’s bootie is a pretty solid interpretation of the Rag and Bone Harrow boot. But way easier on the wallet.
* A nice nude bootie (editor’s note: do not google that in attempt to shoe shop!) works wonders for elongating the leg. These are the perfect option if you plan on wearing yours with shorts or skirts, as they don’t visually cut you off at the ankle.
Are you ready for a fall bootie call? Which are your favorites?