5 Beauty Must-Haves
Confession: I want to rifle through your bathroom cabinets. No, it's not because I'm creepy, but because I'm dying to see what beauty products you have that I may never have heard of before! I have no qualms admitting that I'm a beauty product junkie, and really there are so many of them on the market, with new ones coming out daily - there is no way that I could ever try them all. Most of my "favorite" products are ones that I discovered from my friends and family because I trust their thoughts an opinions. So, to save you a trip down to New Orleans, I figured I would open up my bathroom cabinets to you, and share 5 of my favorite beauty products that I just can't live without!
1) L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray. I recently discovered Elnett hairspray, which was previously unavailable in the United States but very popular in Europe, thanks to fellow Lifetime Mom Katja Presnal (who is European, go figure.) Can I just say this? I'm obsessed. I have this nice little swoopy bang thing going on, but it always, ALWAYS falls into my eyes until I eventually grow very frustrated and tuck it behind my ear. (If you don't believe me, simply check out my bio picture here on Lifetime Moms - see the hair in my eyes? That was not an attempt to look sexy.) This amazing hairspray has UV Filters to protect your hair from the sun, and it holds your hair in place with a "satin" finish. They aren't kidding. You can run your fingers through your hair after you use this stuff. Grab a can for yourself at Target or CVS or other mass-market retailer. It's a bit pricey, as far as hairspray is concerned, but I'd stop just short of calling it my miracle product.
2) Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder Motherhood is the most precious gift I was ever given, but I will say that the smooth, flawless skin of my pre-kiddo days is a thing of the past. Now I have laugh lines from all the joy that she has brought into my life, and worry lines for the innumerable amount of times I've fretted over keeping her safe, happy, and healthy. My makeup, no matter what I do and how I moisturize, seems to higlight these lines even more. A makeup artist at a recent video shoot introduced me to Make Up For Ever's HD Microfinish powder - a powder so fine that it doesn't sit in your lines and wrinkles, but evens them out. It comes in one shade - white (it goes on sheer!) and you will be STUNNED at how amazing this powder makes your skin look and feel. I recommend using it over foundation, but even on makeup-free skin this powder will work it's magic.
3) Korres Body Butters Korres is a Greek line of products that was established out of Greece's oldest homeopathic pharmacy. While they have a wide range of products, I'm addicted to the body butter. They are 93% natural and made without all of those nasty, yucky things like parabens, sufates, and synthetic dyes, which makes me very happy. Also, I should mention that they smell DIVINE (try the Guava!). I love the way my skin feels after I use it, and it is, hands-down, my favorite lotion to date. While I can't make any definitive claims about what it does, I can tell you that I've noticed a marked improvement in the appearance of my skin since I began using it. Coincidence? You decide.
4) eos Shave Cream This is the most moisturizing shaving cream that I have ever used. It works so well that I can even smoothe it over my legs and shave them DRY. Yes, I said it. I can use this stuff to shave without ever getting in the shower. It's awesome for touchups and quick fixes! Plus, I can't help that I really like the bottle and pump - they are just plain PRETTY - I like having it out in my shower because I love the way it looks! (The buzz is that they are also coming out with a lotion this year - let's see if they can rival Korres!)
5) Crest Advanced Seal Whitestrips I'm a teeth whitening addict from way back, but the new Advanced Seal Whitestrips have taken it to an all-new level. I can actually drink water or talk on the phone without feeling like these strips are sliding off of my teeth. Not to mention, they work. It was my dentist who actually recommended them to me in the first place, as an alternative to the in-office whitening that would have cost me a pretty penny. Grab a pack and go through the 10 day process and I promise people will be commenting on your pearly white teeth after about 7 days.