5 Evening Bag Essentials
You’ve finally nailed down the perfect outfit, the perfect makeup, and you even scored the perfect little clutch that compliments it all. So now you’re prepping for a big night out, and you’ve got limited room for things that can help you maintain that look once you walk out the door. Plus, don’t forget that your phone, keys, and ID are already in that little bag of yours, so you’re running out of space! Here are 5 evening essentials that you shouldn’t leave home without.
1. Hollywood Oil Blotting Sheets – This little package, the size of a stack of 4 credit cards, contains 30 sheets that you can use to blot any excess oil or shine from your face throughout the night. Fantastic for touching up your makeup without reapplying, 30 seconds with one of these sheets will make your face and makeup look fresh again!
2. Lip Gloss — Grab whatever color it is that you are wearing on your lips for the evening, and throw it in your bag. Your lip color will be the first thing to go, and that “complete” look that you had when you left the house will start to wane. Reapply every hour or so to keep your lips looking fresh. Need a good gloss? Try MAC Lipglass in a sheer color or in clear for a high-shine look!
3. Hollywood Fashion Tape – When I was in high-school I discovered toupee tape to secure accessories, bra straps, and even dresses in place. This is the perfect item to throw in your clutch because it works like a safety pin, but with more versatility! (You can’t safety pin clothing to your body!) This awesome double-sided tape is strong but safe enough to use directly on your skin, and can solve any wardrobe malfunction the night might throw at you!
4. Mints – You’re out and about and can’t just whip out a toothbrush, so make sure to tuck some mints into your bag so that you can easily refresh. I love Oral Fixation’s “7 Deadly Cinnamon” mints – they come in a sleek brushed metal tin that is totally chic and you’ll easily spark conversation with these at a party!
5. Hair Pins – Otherwise known as bobby pins, these can be your best friend and can save almost any hairstyle, especially later in the night when your hair may be falling flat. Breathe new life into your look by tossing your hair up into a messy half-up style with a few bobby pins. In a pinch they also hold other things together, like straps, belts and shoes (yes, I know from experience!). Hair pins were used to create all sorts of fun hairstyles on the fall runways, but for a do-it-yourself look, check out the Pin Up Girl Kit from RSessionTools.com.