5 Must-Have Summer Beauty Products
My poor, poor fiancé. I mean, don't get me wrong, he is a lucky guy and all (you know, 'cause I'm a catch - wink, wink) but aside from our impending nuptials and plans for me to make him stupidly happy for the rest of his life - he has no idea what his bathroom countertops are in for. Currently I think his countertops hold a grand total of the following:
* Contact Case / Saline Solution
Then I arrive for the weekend and they end up with:
* Contacts Case / Saline Solution
* Giant Can of Elnett Hairspray
* Straightening Iron
* Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
* Giant a$$ round brush (can I say that? I mean, it's big)
* Curling Iron
* Smoothing serum
* Random jewelry
* Makeup case (with random bits strewn about)
There are probably even more items than that - but I think you get the picture. Those are the minimum. I'm tempted to go in there right now and snap a photo - but I think he might kill me.
I'm a product fanatic. And while I'm loyal to some products, I also LOVE to try out new things. I've already adopted at least 10 new items for the summer season, 5 of which I decided to include here on a summer must-have list. If you're looking for some new things to try out - give these babies a whirl! They have all been Erika-tested, and Erika-approved. That's right, I'm your guinea pig!
So here ya go! 5 items that absolutely MUST make it onto your summer product list!
1. For a golden glow on your face, legs, arms - wherever - don't bother baking if you can go faking it! Try NARS Illuminator in Laguna - $29.
2. Great for smoothing down ends after a shower - try Organix Split Ends Mender, Nourishing Coconut Milk - $7. Bonus: it smells like summer. You know what I mean.
3. The new science behind Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock Spray (SPF 30) means that you won't have to wait before hopping back in the pool - or dry off completely before reapplying. Heaven sent for sure! (Great on squirmy, impatient kids, too!) $10
4. I picked up this Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Cleanser by accident and now I can't imagine my life without it. Drugstore prices and excellent shine control. Try the moisturizer too - great for those of us with slightly oiler t-zones and also includes a SPF 15. Home run, ladies, home run. $7 for each.
5. I'm in love with the Too Faced Poolside Primping Makeup Collection which includes everything you need for a bathing-beauty glow. Nude lipliner, a great lipstick and a plumping gloss, one of the best mascaras on the market, and a bronzer. Throw it in your beach bag and go! $105 value for $42