5 Summer Must-Haves
I'm calling it. My daughter and I have been to the pool 3 times in the past week so for me it's official - it's summer in Louisiana.
Now I realize that the rest of you likely don't live in SoLa (that's what I call Southern Louisiana, and I'm guessing I'm the only one who does) like me, but don't worry, summer is creeping up on you, too. As with every season, you need to do a little updating, even if it's only a few key pieces. Without further ado, here are my top 5 summer "must-have" items.
1. A LWD. You've heard of the Litte Black Dress, but no summer wardrobe is complete without a Little White Dress. This oft-overlooked fashion staple should be in every woman's closet. A simple sheath dress like the one above will do just fine - you can dress it up with a belt, some sexy shoes, or dress it down with some casual flip flops and a denim jacket in the evenings. Either way, it's a win.
2. Miraclebody Jeans. You've heard of the Miracle Suit, well momma, meet the Miracle Jeans. They claim to make you look 10 lbs lighter in 10 seconds, and I can personally attest to the fact that they are indeed VERY slimming. Frankly, I feel very sexy in my miraclebody jeans, and the stretch denim that they are made of is absolutely perfect for the summer months. A must.
3. OKA b. Shoes. I'm a flip-flop fiend - unless it's snowing it's highly likely that there is a pair of them on my feet. My OKA b. shoes are the most comfortable and STYLISH flip-flops (or thongs, as my grandmother calls them) that I have ever owned. My Lucys have taken quite a beating.
4. A Denim Jacket. Denim, denim, everywhere for summer - and this jacket is the perfect thing to throw over that LWD or your maxi dress. To amp up the style, cuff the sleeves until they hit 3/4 sleeves, to create a boyfriend-jacket sort of look.
5. A Maxi Dress. The maxi dress is back this summer, and you most definitely need to have one in your closet if you don't already. I'm a huge fan of my Yogi V-neck maxi, like the one pictured above, but you should try on several styles and cuts until you find the one that best suits you. Throw your newly-purchased denim jacket on over it during the day, or dress it up with a cropped cardigan and some great jewelry for evenings.