Back-to-School Trends and Styles for Your Kids
It's Back-to-School time!
You know what that means, right?
Moms and Dads everywhere will be stocking up on tees, tanks, jeans, hoodies, sweaters, shoes and accessories!
I used to LOVE the Back-to-School season! My mother would bring my sister and I shopping and we'd stock up on our must-have essentials for school. Usually for me throughout the years that meant Guess jeans, Banana Republic tees, Ked sneakers, Sebagos, Benetton rugby shirts, ripped jean shorts, Limited tunics and plaid skirts. I was quite the wannabe fashionista, even back then!
My mother was always patient with me, allowed me to express myself through fashion (thankfully I never got into any crazy trends or phases) and got a kick out of the clothing that my sister and I would pick out. She absolutely understood the "importance" of trends and styles for us. Another thing that excited me was my sister and I wore the same size shoe and shirt... so we could share and essentially, double our Back-to-School wardrobe. Always a good thing!
Now as a mom of 4 little boys -- all of whom will be in school this year -- William in 1st grade, Alexander in Kindergarten, Ben and Henry in preschool, I've started the Back-to-School shopping for everyone. I've done things a little differently this year, I've taken each boy on a shopping trip. I didn't want it to feel rushed or too crazy with all 4 of them with me at once, so everyone took shopping trip turns, which worked out perfect for us. Alexander (my 5 year old) had the most FUN! He went up and down the aisles at TJMaxx looking at every single shirt. I mean... every. single. shirt. He picked out 2 shirts that he absolutely loved - 2 polos long sleeve shirts, one red and one blue striped. As he called them, the perfect "handsome shirts!" I don't know if he happened to know this or not, but long sleeve polos are VERY trendy for boys this Back-to-School season.
So what else is trendy for boys and girls this BTS (Back-to-School) season?
I always get excited to see what kinds of trends are emerging. The one thing I love in particular about this season is that all the styles are attainable -- it doesn't matter your size or shape, every child can pull off the season's latest trends. As a mom and as a fashion blogger, I love nothing more than to see things like this happen. It's a very fashionable thing! :)
So let's start with the little ladies...
There are 4 trends I want to share with you:
1. Lightweight knits and leggings are making a huge mark this BTS season. What I love about them is that they're easy, comfortable and fun to mix and match. It's always a good thing when you can buy an item that you can easily work into a bunch of different outfits! My favorite item would be striped leggings - bright, bold and beautiful!
2. One of my fave trends this season because they're so sweet and pretty -- sweater dresses with sleeve details such as dolman, short sleeves or long sleeves. I especially love when you can find sweater dresses with some added touches like cowl necks, stripes, hoods. So adorable!
3. Another precious trend this BTS are tiered skirts. This was a fabulous trend last season that I'm so excited to see make its way back! I just think they're so sweet. My nieces LOVE tiered skirts - and they're wonderful to wear with leggings.
4. And what about shoes? What can your little lady be wearing this BTS that is ultra trendy? Go for cozy boots, ballet flats and party shoes. Oh, yes... they will be rocking the hallways in these babies!
And what about for the little men?
Here are 4 trends your "men" can't do without...
1. Boys are rocking activewear this year like crazy! As a mom of sporty boys, I'm super excited about this because activewear is a practical choice, as well as a fashionable one, too. We're talking hoodies, sweats and tees. Comfy and perfect for the BTS rolling in!
2. Always an oldie, but a goodie - dark denim! This seems to make the rounds almost every season. I love dark denim for boys because it's easy to dress up and dress down. So functional and effortlessly chic. Just add layers on top!
3. My son Alexander's favorite: Long sleeve polos and vintage screen tees - just a super easy trend for ANY boy to pull off. Go with fun colors and different patterns. I love to layer tees on top of long sleeve polos, a different look for boys. Very chic and handsome!
4. And what about shoes for the guys? Go with skate sneakers, they will be the ultimate go-to "cool" shoe on the playground. I need to find some of these for my boys!
So these are the trends for BTS 2011... I'm working with TJMaxx and Marshall's as their spokesperson this season, so if you have ANY questions at all about any fashions/styles for kids, drop me a message!
Your kids shouldn't be the only ones having fun during the back to school season. Enter the Back To School, Back To Me Giveaway right now and you could win $1,000 for your own "mom supplies"!!!