Hot For Spring: 5 Trends To Try
Just yesterday a good friend of mine posted a very important question on my Facebook wall - she wanted to know what is "hot" for spring! I answered her in short form, but I thought I'd expand on it here with 5 trends to try for spring that will spice up your look!
1. Anything Goes. You know that slightly disheveled, did-she-have-the-lights-on-when-she-got-dressed look that has been popular as of late? Well, it's still going strong, except the trend this spring is towards craziness that at least falls in the same color family. So go wild, but keep it all in the family!
2. Flatforms. The runways at Vena Cava, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Michael Kors (just to name a few) were all afoot with this chic new look. Not quite a flat, not quite a platform, these babies have earned the moniker "flatforms". If you want to scream Spring, consider giving a pair of these quirky kicks a test run. Literally.
3. The Trench Dress. This mix of trench coat and sheath dress has me giving this look high marks for both sophistication and comfort. This belted dress will make a splash for spring of 2011 and I believe could last well beyond this season to become a new favorite in our wardrobes. Perfect to update your wear-to-the-office look! (I should add that I'm obsessed with the Nina Ricci silk crepe dress on the right - would be perfect to add to my honeymoon collection!)
4. Bangles. Big, beautiful, boisterous bangles, baby! (How's that for alliteration?) Seen here on the Spring 2011 runway at Marc by Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, and DSquared. This is an easy trend to pick up - bangles go with almost everything. Stack several on top of each other and voila - insta-chic!
5. Sheer beauty. If feminine and flirty are two words you'd use to describe yourself, you're going to go gaga for the gorgeous ruffles, lace, and sheer paneling that made their way down the runways. Nina Ricci, Valentino, Thakoon, and Chloe all produced uber-feminine collections, among others. A popular look this season will be a solid top layered over a sheer blouse - with the sheer bits peeking out from underneath. Also try a sheer lace blouse or a lace dress for major sex appeal.