A Natural Beauty
I’ve always been a beauty product fanatic. Regardless of whether it’s high-end or low-end, I have tried almost every beauty product I can get my hands on at least once. It wasn’t until I became pregnant with my daughter that I realized that I had been largely slacking in one beauty product area, which is organic and natural makeup and skincare. Being pregnant suddenly made me hyper-aware of every single product I applied to my body, including things like sunscreen, makeup, toothpaste, and body lotion. I spent hours on the internet researching every possible danger associated with every single product that I currently used – and it was then that my family forbade me from continuing to Google “beauty products” on the internet.
So, in the absence of Google I turned to my two sisters, who had been using natural beauty products for quite a while, to help me figure out reasonable ways to incorporate organic and natural beauty and skincare products into my routine. They helped me out by pointing me in the direction of some fantastic products for both myself and for my then-unborn daughter. If you are interested in dipping your toes in the natural beauty revolution then check out some of the awesome products I’ve suggested for you below, compiled with the help of my sister Dawn. Most of these products are not 100% organic, but they are all formulated without parabens or sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, which can pass through the skin and build up in body tissue.
1. Can You C Me? A makeup remover for both your face and your eyes that combines organic carrot juice, minerals, and Dead Sea Mud and leaves your face feeling clean and refreshed. It contains Aloe Vera so that it won’t irritate your precious peepers, and will actually soothe tired eyes.
2. Burt’s Bees Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil – Add a little bit to a soothing bath or smooth it directly onto your skin for some intensive moisturizing. I am a major believer in the benefit of Vitamin E oil – using it religiously rid me of the unsightly stretch marks left over from pregnancy!
3. Pacifica “Mexican Cocoa” Solid Perfume – Good things come in small packages! This delicious smelling perfume is created with organic wax and all-natural oils. Perfectly portable, this is the perfect size to slip in your clutch and keep with you throughout the evening.
4. Alba Sport Sunscreen SPF 30+ – It is impossible to emphasize enough the importance of wearing sunscreen daily to protect your skin, so try out this broad-spectrum sunscreen next time you need a new tube. This sunscreen is infused with all sorts of yummy-sounding ingredients, including lavender, aloe-vera, and green tea.
5. Burt’s Bees Radiance Day Creme – Daily moisturizer is a must-have product, and this particular one is packed with 134 different nutrients to nourish and protect your skin. Used daily it can also help to diminish the appearance of fine lines and keeps your skin glowing.