Stylish Summer Travel: 5 Fashionable Ways To Make Traveling Easier!
School is out, the temperatures are soaring, and almost everyone is counting down to a summer vacation. Travel doesn't have to be without style, however. Remember back in the day when people would dress up to fly on an airplane - when travel seemed exotic and special? (Ok, I really don't remember that either, but my grandparents tell me about it sometimes!) Now it seems that more often than not half of the people on my flights are in sweatpants and hoodies!
This summer, stand out for all of the right reasons by picking up one or all of these stylish travel must-haves.
1. Luggage. I love the luggage from swanky Parisian brand Delsey. I am especially attached to this polycarbonate trollycase that looks more like a work of art than it does something functional. (But, I assure you, it is both!)
2. Lingerie Envelope. This smart little invention will look gorgeous thrown ontop of your luggage while keeping soiled lingerie seperate from clean lingerie. The lingerie envelope says "Past" on one side, and "Future" on the other - both in full-on bewejeled glory! The pouch is the perfect size to last you for about 4 or 5 days.
3. Travel Kit. Derek Lam designed a Travel Kit for Kiehl's and it's on my must-have list. Not only do you get TSA-approved travel-sized Kiehl's products to take with you, but you get them in this utterly perfect Derek Lam bag. Can you feel me swooning from where you're sitting?
4. Luggage Tags. If you didn't take my advice and go with the very distinctive Delsey bag above, then you may have fallen victim to the everyday black suitcase. Make sure you know it's yours coming off the belt by snatching up a set of these disposable luggage tags, with sayings like "Open with caution: dirty clothes inside" and "Nothing worth stealing in here". Cheeky!
5. Jewelry Roll. Take it from the girl who ended up in Chicago with 4 necklaces tangled together - a jewelry roll is essential for anyone traveling with, well, jewelry. This will last you a lifetime, so invest wisely. My super-duper travel tip? Do not pack this in your luggage, throw it in your carry on. This way, if the airline loses your luggage, Great Aunt Mildred's saltwater pearl necklace won't be lost with it.
There you have it! 5 items that you simply cannot travel without this summer. Enjoy your vacation!