Swimwear Fashion Guide
Swimwear season. Unless you're super happy with your body (and if you are, can I meet you and learn your secret?)... it can be one of the most dreaded times of the year. Whether you're at the beach, at your local pool club or even in your own backyard... you want to feel comfortable in your swimsuit.Thankfully there are certain styles that work with different body types that can flatter and make you feel as beautiful and as comfortable as can be "out" there.
Here is a Swimwear Fashion Guide to follow for the summer:
Area of concern: HIPS
If you're looking to slim your hips down, here are 2 tricks:
1. Focus the attention on your top. Wear colors that are bright or choose an embellished top.
2. If you want to slim your hips, you need to make your legs appear longer and leaner. Wear a higher cut bottom. Whether you're wearing a one-piece or a 2-piece, make sure it's high cut on the hips.
Do NOT go for styles like this... it will draw way too much attention to your hips:
Area of concern: Small Bust
If you're looking to conceal a small bust (this is my problem!), here are 3 tips I like to pass along:
1. A halter style swimsuit is always safe. It doesn't flatten you out more like a bandeau does.
2. Don't shy away from padded tops and/or underwire. They're there to help!
3. Find some tops with ruffles, pleating, prints and/or beading. These "extras" take the attention away from a smaller bust.
Do NOT go for a straight bandeau...
Area of concern: TUMMY!
This is an area most moms have some concern over... after having babies, there's this never-ending pouch. Here are 4 tips for trying to minimize the tummy region in a swimsuit:
1. Shy away from bikinis and tankinis.
2. Go for darker and solid colors - blacks, dark browns, navys, charcoals.
3. Go for a low-cut suit or a higher cut bottom. This will attract attention to that particular area.
4. Find one-pieces suits that offer tummy control, there are some stylish and amazing options out there - Lands' End, GiGi suit, SPANX.
The tankini is not a good option if you're looking for tummy control:
Area of Concern: Big Bust
This is an area that make many women avoid swimsuits all together! There are ways to minimize your bust, here are 3 tips:
1. Stay away from triangle tops.
2. As I recommended for maximizing your bust, an underwire can do wonders.
3. Coverage, coverage, coverage! (And yes, you can still look sexy!)
Stay away from:
There are many options out there for women when it comes to summer swimwear. Do not stay out of a suit or out of the water because you don't feel comfortable in swimsuits. The beauty is you can find sites like Lands' End and SPANX that truly work with a woman's body and problem areas, too.