The Oscars: I’m Getting Red Carpet Ready!
I can’t deny it. I’ve always dreamed of winning an Oscar. Something about the Oscars gets me giddy… and makes me want to feel glam. In fact, I’m so ready to feel red carpet ready myself (even though I have no place to go) that I’m doing a popular Hollywood juice cleanse with Pressed Juicery and loving it.
Like many of you, I believe the best part of the Oscars is the red carpet arrivals. Plop me in front of the television on Sunday, February 24th for 12 hours straight and I’m a happy gal. Literally, I could watch the coverage of the pre-coverage of the red carpet coverage. I don’t care what they’re doing or who they’re talking about, I can’t get enough. I love the glitz, the glamour, the fashion and of course, the “what is she wearing?!” moments. Curious to get an experts opinion on red carpet style (rather than my caddy thoughts), I checked in with my girl Robin Saperstein to see what she had to say about red carpet wardrobes, trends and Spring fashion in general.
1) What hot spring trends can we expect to see coming out on the red carpet during the Oscars?
2) What are the hottest trends in shoes right now? Are there any important style factors to take into consideration when pairing these trends with gown-like dresses?
Ankle strap heels are super sexy and all over the red carpet. I recommend choosing a pair that has a thin ankle strap rather than a thick strap, which can be very unflattering.
3) I know you love accessories! Talk to me about the importance of an appropriate size purse for a formal event like the Oscars. How big should your bag be?
One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see someone in a beautiful dress and she is caring a huge bag! It is so important to carry a clutch. A beautiful clutch is not only elegant and chic, but it completes the look.
4) Jewels! Sparkle and big jewels and necklaces seem to be in. Why do these work with chambray shirts and sweaters (a la JCrew) but maybe not with a formal gown… Or do they?
They absolutely work with a formal gown! Sometimes it’s all about the jewels! If you are wearing a simple dress, the jewels can really make you stand apart and create a very chic look.
5) What’s your number one do or don’t when rocking something glam or red carpet style?
The number one 'do' in my book is confidence. You have to feel good in what you are wearing. If not, it doesn't matter what you have on.