Top Picks for Always Flattering Non-Mom Jeans
If I had to choose one item of clothing that I would have to live in for the rest of my life, I’d choose a great pair of jeans… (This is assuming, of course, that other people would see me and I wanted to look cute… Not stained, wrinkled, and braless in my sweats and tee shirt… aka My Nighttime Getup).
Right now, there are so many fabulous pairs of jeans on the market that I’ve got my eyes on. From bright colored skinnies, to cropped and zipper accented capris, jeans are everywhere and can be worn with just about anything.
As a mom who is very anti “mom clothing” --you know, high-waisted jeans (unless they're chic) or ugly knit cardigans (unless it’s over a flattering tank and long layered necklace with animal print flats), I flock to looks that are on trend and don’t scream, “I haven’t slept in years.” The best part of the jeans this season is that they’re all so cute but very effortless.
I decided to round up some of my faves PLUS my fashion guru Robin Saperstein of High Heel in a Haystack, who showed me how to rock my bright blue skinnies last spring, shares some of hers. Which ones are your faves?
- JBrand Moto Capris. I love JBrand jeans, not just because it’s like my name minus the T… But because they tend to fit me best and LAST FOREVER. I am loooooving the zipper accents on these darling moto capris and picture myself wearing them with heels or flats…blazer, blouse or even a loose tee. The black is versatile and flattering but the Mantis is a great color too, and fun.
- GAP’s New Skimmer Jeans. For $69.95, you cannot beat these comfortable and form fitting jeans that skim right above the ankle, and come in a bazillion colors. I’m loving the Neon Flamingo color. Pair with flats and cardigan or sandals and tee when it gets warmer. Super cute.
- Paige Verdugo Ultra Skinny in Twilight. I am OBSESSED. I recommend these to so many of my clients. They are the perfect shade of dark and the fit is amazing. A beautiful pair of clean dark skinnies is a must in every wardrobe.
- Distressed Jeans! Paige, JBrand, Current Elliott, AG and Rag & Bone all have great versions. Basically, any jeans with the holes in the knees are so on trend right now!! (Pull out your old worn in pairs! They’re hot!)
- I also love CJ By Cookie Johnson jeans. Not everyone is a size 4 or 6 and these not only fit great (no muffin top!), but they look great too.