Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Name Baby North West…As in the Direction
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have reportedly chosen to name their baby daughter North – as in North West. As in the direction. The baby has no middle name, and the new parents plan to call her "Nori" for short. So….why not just name her Nori? Or would that be too logical or normal?
I blame Kanye. Seriously. The Kardashian tradition is that Kim and all her sisters' names start with K, and considering she had a girl, it would make sense that she'd want to follow that tradition. I can't imagine the conversation that went down between Kimye over this.
And why do this to the poor kid? They are setting the little one up for ridicule – she's basically a joke already. She's, what, a week old and her name is already going to be on the top 10 list from Letterman and the brunt of many zingers from all the late-night hosts. It's mean.
Meanwhile, Twitter followers are already having a field day. Just minutes after TMZ broke the news, North West became a trending topic on the social-media site. Here is just sampling of some of the hilarious comments people have been making:
- "So I'm assuming that North West won't be a One Direction fan?"
- "They should've named their baby #treadingtopic because that's all they care about is publicity #northwest."
- "North West?!? Why didn't Kim and Kanye name their baby South West? That way all that baggage she'll be carrying could fly free."
- "When their careers go south, kim and kanye will always have north west. Also, what the hell?"
- "It's cute how you can spell "the worst" with the letters from North West's name."
- "So is Kim Kardashian's vag now called the North West passage?"
- "Damn, I had I-95 in the office pool... #North #West"
And the list goes on and on and on.
What do you think of baby West's name?