A Holiday Recipe: No-Fail Fudge (with Dairy Free Options)
A lump of smooth sweet chocolaty goodness melting in your mouth is a holiday treat that many of us enjoy. Most of the time I eat fruit for dessert and rarely consume products with corn syrup, but I make exceptions for special occasions and holidays.
Fudge is one of those things that is worth making an exception for. It’s a special treat to serve your family or guests and can also be wrapped up and given as gifts.
This fudge is relatively easy to make, and it can just as easily be made dairy free with the same delicious results.
No Fail Fudge Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 6 Tablespoons butter or Earth Balance buttery sticks
- 6 ounces canned evaporated milk or unsweetened MimicCreme
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Butter a 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Melt the baking chocolate according to package instructions.
- In a heavy pot combine the butter, milk, sugar, and salt. Bring to a full boil over medium heat and boil 8 minutes or until the mixture reaches soft ball temperature on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in the melted baking chocolate, chocolate chips, vanilla, and marshmallow creme. Blend well. If adding nuts, also stir them in.
- Pour into the greased baking dish, smooth the top with a spatula, and chill.
- Cut into squares to serve.