Quick & Easy Recipe
Are You Ready for Some Football... -Shaped Sandwiches?
It's that time once again! Are you ready to hit the stadium and cheer for your favorite team? We'll be headed to Manchester University soon for our first game of the season, and are really looking forward to enjoying a great time.
During the fall season there are 2 things that bring friends and family together quite often - football and food! When you get together for a few hours to watch the big game you’re sure to have some hungry folks around. This is no time for a big feast around the dinner table, however. You'll definitely want to plan plenty of tailgating type finger foods. Think easy to pick up, easy to dip, yet also hearty and delicious.
These adorable football shaped sandwiches fit the bill perfectly......
Football Shaped Sandwiches
- Loaf of Pumpernickel Bread
- Desired Sandwich Filling such as Ham, Cheese, Turkey, Chicken Salad
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Slice the bread on an angle.
- Using a Football shaped cookie cutter, simply cut out the sandwiches. I didn’t have a Football cookie cutter, so I just used a large round cutter and formed it like a Football.
- Add a little spicy brown mustard to each of the sandwiches.
- For the lines on the Football, add Mayo to a plastic squeeze bottle and draw them on.