Asian Stir-Fry Kale
Kale has become a popular green. Many people make it into chips, salads and even put it in smoothies. We all know it’s healthy, filled with vitamin C, K, beta carotene, and calcium, but not everyone may like the taste. I found the best way to bring out the kale’s natural flavor is to stir-fry it. Here’s my favorite kale recipe. You can get your daily dose of greens in just a few minutes.
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove (diced)
1/2 chopped onion
1 bunch kale-cleaned and chopped with stems removed
Dash of sesame oil
Dash of soy sauce or Bragg’s Amino Acids
- Wash kale, remove stems, chop, set aside.
- Dice garlic.
- Chop onion.
- Heat oil in pan. A wok works best.
- Saute garlic and onion until slightly caramelized.
- Add chopped kale and then season with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes until kale is cooked, but still green and fresh.
Super simple and fast. I love this recipe because it gives Kale a little twist. Stir-frying brings out the kale’s natural sweetness and so do the caramelized onions.