Gluten Free Recipes
Beef and Beans: A Gluten Free and Crock Pot Recipe
Coming home to a hot delicious meal helps keep evening stress at bay. This dish is easy to put together, and you can even get most of it ready the night before.
At dinner time, all you have to do is cook or reheat rice or pasta to go with it. A programmable rice cooker will make that step even easier and allow you to have everything cooking before you come home.
To make this gluten free, you need a little rice flour, but the other ingredients should be naturally gluten free. Remember to always read labels just to be sure.
This is a large recipe that is intended for a 6 quart slow cooker. You can cut the recipe in half and use a 3 - 4 quart crock pot.
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 16 ounces frozen slender green beans
- Cut the roast into strips about 3/4-inch wide. Trim off most of the fat.
- Combine the strips of roast, rice flour, salt and pepper in a greased 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix them together.
- Cover and cook on low 6 – 8 hours or on high 3 – 4 hours.
- Serve with rice or pasta.