Farmer’s Market Orzo Salad
This is a great summer side dish. With all sorts of flavors flowing through this recipe, it's destined to be a favorite for all!
- 1 1/2 ups orzo
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped, about 2 cups
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco® pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
Cook orzo in boiling, salted water until just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse under running water; drain well. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook zucchini, summer squash, scallions and garlic in hot oil, just until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, olives and salt. In medium bowl combine cider vinegar and Tabasco. Gradually whisk in olive oil until mixture is well blended. Add orzo and vegetable mixture; toss until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
To serve, stir in mozzarella and basil.