Homemade Peanut Butter Cups For Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day…the special holiday for love, and cards, and candy…and CHOCOLATE! I love making special treats for friends and family during the Christmas holiday, but I often find myself without enough time. So a few years back, I started making Valentine’s Day treats, everyone loves the special homemade treats.
These Homemade Peanut Butter Cups are easy and taste MUCH better than the original. My oldest son, who is a Peanut Butter Cup lover, prefers these over the store bought.
These are quick, easy and I might add frugal, gifts for teachers, neighbors or even co-workers. A single batch makes about 30-40 cups, depending on how large you make them.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Recipe:
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
4 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
1/2 cup Confectioners’ (powdered) Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (I used Milk Chocolate)
4 Milk Chocolate Candy Bars (1.55 ounces each), coarsely chopped (I used Hershey’s)
1. Fill mini muffin tins with mini paper liners
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, butter and confectioners sugar and salt until smooth, set aside
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips, candy bars and remaining peanut butter, stir until smooth. (this usually takes about 2 minutes)
4. Drop a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture into paper liners. Top each with a scant teaspoonful of peanut butter mixture (I rolled mine into small balls)
5. Top each with chocolate mixture to cover. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate until set.