Matzoh Pizza For The Kids
What to do with all those boxes of Matzoh left over from Passover? Try this quick and easy kosher kid-friendly recipe that is sure to please everyone in your family.
Courtesy of Epicurious.com
Yield: Makes 4 (appetizer) servings
2 cups matzoh farfel
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2/3 cup seasoned tomato sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Whisk the eggs together in a medium bowl. Add the farfel and salt; blend well.
3. Heat the oil in a 9-inch nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook until the eggs have set and the bottom of the crust is golden brown. Slip the crust onto a large plate and invert back into the skillet onto the uncooked side. Brown side for about 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Spoon the tomato sauce over the top of the crust and cover well with the mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake the pizza in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and cut into wedges.
The pizza will serve 4 as an appetizer. When preparing the pizza for adults, add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano to the egg and farfel mixture before cooking. Add sautéed diced vegetables such as mushrooms or bell peppers to the tomato sauce.
Epicurious.com © Condé Nast Digital, Inc. All rights reserved.