Oscar Bites for Party Night
Do you host or attend your very own red carpet party for the Oscars? I used to work for someone whose wife would throw these elegant affairs, complete with a red carpet walk from their turnstile driveway and massive front entrance fountain.
Her guests would arrive in their best dresses and gowns, hair done up. Then, after preening over each other, they'd head inside to watch the real red carpet walk by the celebrities who were attending the Academy Awards while they nibbled and munched and talked about which movies and which actors they hoped would bring home a shiny Oscar that night.
If you're considering throwing your own Oscar party, you'll definitely want to have a few snacks and treats ready for your red-carpet guests.
- Rosemary Roasted Nuts: A bit of oil and herbs and these nuts are ready to party.
- Rum Roasted Pecans: On the sweet side, you can't go wrong with rum and brown sugar cooked and caramelized on pecans.
- Black and White Cookies: For all you Black Swan fans, these are the obvious choice, with a white and a black side displayed prominently on the front.
- Movie Theater Cookies: The movie theme taken literally. These cookies look fabulous, and I can't wait to make them myself.
- Baked Brie: Easy to throw together and twice as nice. I like mine drizzled with oil and stuffed with cranberries.
- Mini Cheesecake Bites: Baked in phyllo shells, mini cheesecakes take no time to bake and are perfect for finger food.
- Greek Puff Pastry Appetizers: Puff Pastry makes for an easy and elegant treat.
- Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms: Stuff anything in a mushroom and chances are good that I'll be game.
- Black Tie Cupcakes: What better way to celebrate a black tie event than with a black tie cupcake?