St. Patrick's Day Sweets
St. Patrick's Day is here. Green clothing, green rivers and, of course, green food. While I have been cooking up traditional St. Patrick's Day recipes like colcannon and Guinness beef stew aplenty over here, what I've been craving are some fun and exciting treats.
Luckily, I have plenty of friends who have been more than happy to satisfy my need for minty chocolates, Irish cream desserts and rainbow-hued confections. The kids and I (who have been on spring break all week), will be trying out their culinary genius just before we head out to the St. Patrick's Day parade.
- If you're a green beer drinker, these beer mug cupcakes are just for you.
- These whiskey cakes baked in jars are perfect for an elegant and timely treat.
- Rainbow cheesecakes are perfect for the occasion.
- Slice and bake cookies of bright rainbow hues will give the kids delight.
- These homemade mint oreos have been calling to me. Must make.
- Vintage St. Patrick's Day postcard cookies are so tres chic.
- Rainbow pudding serves as a lighter pot o' gold.
- Irish brownie bombs turns the "car bomb" into dessert.
- Chocolate Irish cream cheesecake is hard to pass up.