Three Appetizer Ideas for the Big Football Game
I know that a lot of folks think of Jalapeno Poppers and Buffalo Wings when it comes to appetizers for the big football game but how about trying something a little lighter and more diverse to suit even the kiddos tastebuds. Below are three ideas to put out on the day of the big game, three tasty, and much more healthy than the typical fare mentioned above.
Knorr’s Spinach Dip
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (do not use fresh)
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 c. mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- 1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Round Loaf of King’s Hawaiin Bread
Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl, stir together spinach, sour cream and soup mix. Add finely chopped water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Cut slice from top of round loaf of bread, hollow out loaf to leave shell to contain dip. Use bread removed from shell and slice to cut into bite size pieces. Butter inside of bread shell, fill loaf with dip and place on platter and surround with crackers or even vegetable sticks.
Meat and Cheese Platter
Basic Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese,softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy. For Marshmallow Fruit Dip: Add 1/2 cup marshmallow creme to the basic recipe.
What appetizers do you plan to serve up for the big football game coming up?