Three Football Snackpicks for Everyone to Enjoy!
It's all about football right now and if you're not cooking out in your back yard due to cold weather, then try these appetizers on for size. The Rice Krispie Football treats are so tasty and adorable. The kids will love them. We've also got some Touchdown Barbecue Dip for the fellas and some Trail Mix for all!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Cocoa Krispies
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into sixteen 3-inch footballs. Cool. Decorate with frosting. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add peanut butter, stirring until melted. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Touchdown Barbecue Dip
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 8 ounces pasturized processed cheese spread cut into cubes
1. In 10-inch fry pan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until brown and crumbly; drain off drippings.
2. Stir in barbecue sauce and cheese spread. Cook and stir until cheese
spread melts and mixture is heated through.
3. Serve immediately with assorted Keebler Crackers.
- 1 cup small pretzel twists
- 1 cup whole almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. In 17 x 11 x 2-inch baking pan combine KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal, SUNSHINE CHEEZ-IT CHEDDAR JACK crackers, pretzels and almonds (if desired). Set aside.
2. Stir together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
3. Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Thanks so much to Kellogg's Snackpicks for sharing these recipes with me!