Quick & Easy Recipe
Watermelon And Feta Salad With Basil
Now that the weather is getting warmer, I am inclined to lighten the density of the food that I prepare. Actually when I take note of how snug my jeans are, perhaps I should have begun doing so months ago – but that is neither here nor there.
In honor of the warmer weather, I prepared one of my all-time warm weather salads this weekend. Not only does it hit that salty-sweet combo that I love, there is very little labor involved in making it. A very close friend of mine made it for me a couple years ago, and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.
Watermelon and Feta Salad with Basil
- 36 oz. cubed watermelon
- 3 oz cubed or crumbled Feta Cheese, whichever you prefer
- 6 or 7 Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Chop up fresh basil
- Combine all ingredients in a pretty serving bowl
- Cover and let sit in refrigerator for about an hour so that flavors can come together.
Makes 4 - 6 Servings.
This makes a great side dish at dinner or a fantastic lunch. Oh and here’s the best part – I can’t be bothered with recipes that are exact, so all of the above is subject to your discretion. Enjoy!