Breakfast for Dinner
During these busy autumn months it's rare to find time for the entire family to enjoy a big breakfast together. Hectic work and school schedules have us reaching for a quick breakfast to eat on the go. Dinner is often the only time of the day when families are able to sit down and enjoy a meal together.
Breakfast for dinner is a wonderful way to incorporate those yummy comfort foods of breakfast with a family meal. It's also a great way to save money since breakfast is often less expensive than dinner. All it takes is a little bit of advanced planning.
Here are a few tips for making breakfast for dinner go smoothly:
Pre-cook breakfast meats ahead of time on the weekend and freeze them for reheating later.
Cook a double batch of pancakes or waffles and freeze some for the week.
Give each family member a task to save time and make memories together.
Ready to have breakfast for dinner this week? Try this hearty and delicious recipe.
Breakfast Scramble Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, washed and cut into small chunks - the smaller the better
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Meat - I used pork sausage and bacon, any meat you have in the fridge will work
- 1/4 cup Green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 6 eggs - depending on the number of people you are serving
- Milk - 1 tablespoon for each egg
- 1 cup cheese - mild, sharp or colby jack, whatever you like
- Heat oil in large skillet
- Add potatoes and season with your favorite seasoning - we like Greek Seasoning
- Cook until almost done and well browned
- Add the sausage, bacon, mushrooms, peppers and onions
- Cook until meat is browned and vegetables are soft
- Drain mixture and set aside
- Whisk together the eggs and milk
- Cook eggs until just about set
- Add meat and potato mixture to eggs
- Stir in cheese, reserving a little for the top
- Cook until eggs are done and cheese is melted