Brownies on a Stick: A New Way to Enjoy a Favorite Treat!
What better way to surprise your kiddos than to bake up a batch of brownies...but not just any old, ordinary brownies will do! Oh no...they need to be Brownies on a Stick! There isn't a kid, or adult for that matter, that wouldn't love these!
The combination of brownies dipped in chocolate and coated with sprinkles is simply delicious! And then eating them off a stick is pure fun!
The ideas are endless for Brownies on a Stick! They would make a fun birthday treat, or even a treat for a special holiday, just use fun sprinkles to change them up. This recipe calls for melting chocolate chips, but you can also use candy melts or even almond bark for dipping, they work great too.
Brownies on a Stick Recipe
- 1 box of Brownie Mix plus water, oil and egg according to directions on the box (8 or 9 inch square size)
- 15 craft sticks (found in the craft section of Walmart or Hobby stores)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shortening
- Assorted sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line 8 inch or 9 inch square pan with foil, extending the sides a couple inches. Spray foil with cooking spray.
3. Bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
4. Place brownies in freezer for 30 minutes. Removed brownies from pan, lifting foil, peel away the sides
5. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles
6. Gently insert craft stick into one end of each brownie, peeling foil away.
7. Place on cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
8. In a small microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening about 1 minute, stir until smooth. If the chocolate is not completely melted, microwave for an additional 5 seconds, stir until smooth.
9. Dip end of brownie into chocolate and add sprinkles. Lay flat on waxed paper to dry