Celebrate Mardi Gras With These New Orleans Inspired Dishes
Mardi Gras is just around the corner. The music, the festivities, the fun and the food. Whether you are from New Orleans or not, many enjoy the flavors of the South like Gumbo, Jambalaya or a big Muffuletta Sandwich piled high with meat, cheese and olive salad! In our family we pass on the Hurricane drinks, but still enjoy the fun and celebrating on Fat Tuesday!
Here are a few of my favorite recipes that bring the smell, and of course the taste of the bayou to your kitchen.
Recipes for a Mardi Gras celebration
1. Sausage Andouille Gumbo from Making Life Delicious
2. Shrimp and Grits from Tasty Kitchen
3. Slow Cooker Jambalaya from Pocket Change Gourmet
4. Grilled Fish Sandwich with Homemade Tartar Sauce from Eat at Home
5. Cajun Red Beans and Rice from The Bitten Word
6. Muffuletta Sandwich from Nola Cuisine
7. Cheddar Hush Puppies from Pocket Change Gourmet