Celebrate the Graduate: Neapolitan Cake Push Pops Recipe
Graduation is a very special time in a child's life! Whether they are graduating from Kindergarten and moving onto 1st grade or graduating from High School and moving onto college.
Two of my boys have already graduated High School and are now in college. My oldest son had a very simple Graduation Party with just family and close friends. And our middle son, who graduated just last year, had a somewhat larger party with family and friends.
For both of the parties, I prepared the food and dessert, but we kept it simple. Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs are always a great choice, add a few salads, and a tub full of ice and pop and you are all set. It's also fun to bake a few desserts that coordinate with the school colors of the graduate.
Not only will your guests love the Graduation Cake Push Pops you create, but you will have fun making them as well. The flavor combinations are endless and like I said, you can color coordinate them with the school colors, or perhaps a favorite flavor of the graduate like I did with this Neapolitan Cake.
When I spotted these new Wilton Graduation Treat Pops Toppers, I knew they would be perfect! They come 6 in a package and I found them at Michael's Craft Store.
Neapolitan Cake Push Pops Recipe
- 1 chocolate cake mix plus ingredients according to package
- 1 vanilla cake mix plus ingredients according to package
- 1 small box of JELL-O vanilla pudding
- 1 small box of Strawberry JELL-O
- 1 (8 oz) tub of COOL WHIP whipped topping, thawed
- Push Pop Containers or clear glass jar
1. Bake chocolate cupcakes according to directions on box and let cool
2. Mix vanilla cake mix and divide in half
3. Add Strawberry JELL-O to half of the vanilla batter
4. Bake vanilla and strawberry cupcakes, let cool
5. Meanwhile, combine vanilla pudding and milk and place in refrigerator to set
6. After the cupcakes are completely cool, remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in about 3/4 of the tub of COOL WHIP whipped topping until smooth. Place in re-sealable bag or decorator bag
7. To assemble the push pops, cut cupcakes into small squares and layer beginning with chocolate, adding a layer of the pudding mixture and repeating with the vanilla and strawberry cake, adding pudding between each layer.
8. Top with remaining COOL WHIP whipped topping
Recipe makes about 18-20 push pop containers
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 15 minutes for each cupcake
You can also use glass jars if you don't have push pops containers
Assemble the day you are serving, store in refrigerator until time to serve