Gluten Free Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies Recipe
If you're looking for a way to provide a homemade treat for your kids without turning on the oven, chocolate and peanut butter no-bake cookies have stood the test of time. They’re a classic, and classics stay around for a reason. These are delicious cookies that your kids will love.
If food allergies are a problem, this recipe is easy to adapt. For a gluten-free treat, simply use certified gluten-free oats. Need dairy free too? Use milk and butter substitutes. Can’t have nuts? Try Sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds) in place of peanut butter.
It’s likely you have all the ingredients on hand, and these cookies come together in no time. So why not make a batch today? Then tell me how your kids liked them.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup palm shortening or butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk or cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- Prepare two large cookie sheets by lining them with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, shortening, and milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, peanut butter, and oats until the peanut butter is melted.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. You can make them as large or small as you like.
- Cool completely before serving.
Note: If you only have old fashioned rolled oats, place them in a food processor and pulse them a few times.