Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Recipe: A Christmas Treat!
Christmas is almost here! The smells of the season fill our homes... cinnamon, peppermint and yes...chocolate! These Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are super easy and would be perfect to add to your cookie trays or gift baskets!
The soft, delicious chocolate cookies begin with a cookie mix, and by using canned Peppermint Frosting, they go together in a snap! With a dip in the frosting and a sprinkle of candy canes, they are a perfect Christmas Cookie!
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- 1 (17.5 oz.) package Pillsbury Chocolate Cookie Mix with Crushed Peppermint Candy
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury Peppermint Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, egg and butter until well combined.
3. Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop batter and roll into a ball with your hands.
4. Place on the cookie sheet and slightly flatten with your finger tips.
5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set.
6. Cool completely.
7. Spoon frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 20-30 seconds, depending on the amount of frosting.
8. Stir until smooth.
9. Dip the edge of the cookie in the frosting, sprinkle with crushed candy canes, place on wax paper until set.
10. Or simply frost cookies with peppermint frosting, and add sprinkles.