Quick & Easy Recipe
Classic Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread is a favorite at our house. Lately I've had to hide a few bananas just to be able to bake the Banana Bread. Seems like my boys go in spurts, first I have tons of leftover bananas, then they are eating them up like crazy.
As we head into the best baking season of the year, it's always nice to have a good classic recipe to rely on. Whether you are giving this Banana Bread as a gift, serving it along Christmas morning breakfast or simply having it in the kitchen to snack on, it's delicious, easy to put together, and a definite winner.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cup minus 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bread pans with non-stick cooking spray. This recipe will make 1 regular size loaf (9x5) or 4 mini loaves.
2. Sift and mix together dry ingredients.
3. Add oil and eggs, one at a time.
4. Beat after each addition.
5. Add mashed bananas (I put my bananas in the food processor) and vanilla.
6. Fold in nuts, if desired.
7. Pour into pans, bake at 350 degrees, 1 hour for regular loaf and about 40 minutes for mini loaves, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.