Cornflake Christmas Wreath Recipe: A Holiday Centerpiece or Gift Idea
This recipe has been a tradition in my family since I was a kid. Similar to rice krispie treats – with a holiday twist – it can be a fun centerpiece at Christmas or a nice gift to give to neighbors, friends, and family.
Just fill the center will your favorite homemade (or store bought!) cookies, candy, brownies, fudge, cupcakes or any other sweet-tooth creation. This is a festive holiday recipe that is about as fun to make as it is to eat!
- Box of Cornflakes
- 16 ozs of Marshmallows (1 bag)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Green Food Coloring
- Red Hot Candies
- Optional: Candy Canes and Bow
1. Melt butter and marshmallows on the stove or in the microwave stirring every minute until marshmallows are completely dissolved.
2. Add green food coloring to melted mixture and stir it in until you reach color desired for wreath. (Approx. 2 TBLS)
3. Pour the hot melted marshmallow mixture over the Cornflakes. Make sure you stir quickly to coat all the cereal
4. Pour the cornflake mixture over buttered bowl(s) placed on your serving platter. Just let the mixture fall in the shape of a wreath.
5. Place red hot candies around the wreath while hot, to look like berries.
6. Decorate your wreath with a candy cane on each side and a bow at the top for added festive style.
7. Remove the bowl from center after the wreath is partially cooled (and will stay in place).
8. Optional: Fill center with goodies (cookies, candy, etc).
This is also a nice recipe to have kids help with. If they are young, they can help with the final decorations, or putting the treats in the middle. More than anything – have fun, and enjoy the holiday season!