Gluten Free Recipes
Easy, Frugal and Gluten Free California Pilaf Recipe
Who doesn’t need an easy, frugal weeknight meal that the kids will love? This California pilaf is exactly that, and it happens to be naturally gluten free.
Gluten-free or not, dinner time can be hectic. You might be hungry or tired or both, but dinner has to be served. And what mom enjoys putting food on the table only to have the kids turn their noses up at it? Having a handful of quick and easy, kid-friendly recipes can be the perfect tool to save you time, money, and headaches.
Consider keeping a file of recipes or recipe links on your phone. In a pinch, you can pull them up and make a quick stop at the grocery store if needed. You’ll feel better about serving a quick and easy meal than you will about ordering fast food.
Here are a few recipes to get you started:
Gluten Free California Pilaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 ½ cups water
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
1. In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion.
2. Clear space in the center of the skillet and add the garlic. Cook for about one minute until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Drain the beef mixture and place it in a large pot.
4. Add the remaining ingredients.
5. Cover and cook until the rice has absorbed the liquid. About 20 minutes.