Friday it's Fish for Dinner: Tilapia Bites Recipe
Many around the world will begin the Lent Season with Ash Wednesday this week. During Lent, many of the faithful commit to giving up meat consumption, fasting or giving up luxuries. Often times, adults can easily enjoy fish, but what about the kiddos?
Whip up a batch of these Tilapia Bites, serve them with Cheddar Hush Puppies and the kids will be in heaven! Even better, serve them in a cone made from newspaper and the kids will think they are at the fair.
Tilapia Bites Recipe
- 1½ pounds of Tilapia fillets
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut Tilapia fillets into 1 inch size bites
3. In a shallow bowl lightly beat eggs and season with salt and pepper (a pinch or two of both)
4. In another large bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning and olive oil.
5. Dunk Tilapia pieces in egg and transfer to large bowl with bread crumb mixture.
6. Toss Tilapia with a large spoon, coating well
7. Place on cookie sheet
8. Cook for 15 minutes in a 375 F oven, rotating from top of oven to the bottom
Serve with Tartar Sauce and Cheddar Hush Puppies