Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free (and healthy) Summertime Snack: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Hummus is a popular dip that happens to be naturally gluten free (but always double check by reading the ingredients on any purchased hummus). It’s also incredibly easy to make and doesn’t require any cooking, making it a perfect summertime party appetizer or a welcome poolside snack.
While hummus itself is gluten free, it is sometimes served with foods that are not. However, there are popular gluten-free dipping options, including tortilla chips, rice crackers, and cut vegetables such as celery, bell pepper, cucumber, and jicama.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
- 1 pound, 13 ounces (1 large can) chick peas
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup canned roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- approximately ¼ cup water
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chick peas, then drain again.
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor or blender.
- Gradually add the water until it reaches a smooth creamy consistency. A little more or a little less water may be needed.
- If desired, garnish with additional chopped roasted red pepper.