Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Applesauce Muffins Recipe
Around here the weather is cool enough to start baking again after taking a summer hiatus. These gluten-free applesauce muffins are an easy way to ease into fall baking. Applesauce gives you the flavor of fall apples without having to bother with peeling and cutting them.
This batch makes 18 muffins. If that’s too much for your family to consume in a couple of days, freeze the surplus and pull them out as needed. These muffins are great for breakfast and snacks, and your kids (gluten-free or not) are sure to enjoy finding one in their lunch bag.
Gluten-Free Applesauce Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Generously grease 18 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar, and oil with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flours, potato starch, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients and the nuts to the wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back when touched lightly.
- Cool for several minutes in the muffin pan, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.