Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Chicken Kiev Recipe: Enjoy the Tastes of the World From Your Own Table
Do you ever have trouble deciding on a main dish for a special occasion or to serve to company? I do. And for some reason I can cook a perfectly good pot roast for my family, but if I try to make it for company it turns out dry.
That’s why I often turn to chicken for special meals. Chicken can be dry, too, but I find that coating it always works to seal in the juices. This chicken Kiev stays moist, tastes great, and gives a nice presentation, making it a winning choice for a special meal.
Typically, chicken Kiev contains a gluten-filled coating. I used gluten-free corn flake crumbs, but gluten-free bread crumbs would work also.
Gluten Free Chicken Kiev Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free corn flake crumbs or bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- With a spoon, mix together the butter and parsley in a small bowl. Cover and set in the freezer.
- Trim the chicken breasts and pound them to about 1/4 inch thickness. You can do this by placing them in a zip-lock freezer bag and hitting them with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Salt and pepper each chicken breast. Place one tablespoon of butter in the center of each breast and fold over the ends so that the breast is folded into thirds. Use a toothpick to hold it together if necessary.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg and then coat it with corn flake or bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° F.