Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is not something I can order at a restaurant. Being gluten free, anything with breading and pasta is off limits. Thankfully, creating a gluten-free version of this delicious meal at home is not difficult.
There are many choices for gluten-free pasta. Tinkyada is one of my favorites. For coating the chicken, you can purchase gluten-free bread crumbs, make your own, or use Southern Home Style tortilla crumbs which can be found in some stores or on Amazon.
The tortilla crumbs are my favorite for this recipe. They make a nice coating that keeps the chicken moist, and the corn flavor goes well with the pasta sauce and cheeses.
Your family will love this chicken dish, and you’re sure to receive compliments when you serve it to company.
Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup tortilla crumbs, or gluten free bread crumbs
- 28 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400° and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts inside a plastic freezer bag and pound them to an even thickness. The flat side of a meat mallet works well for this. If the chicken breasts are too large for a single serving, cut them in half.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the beaten egg and then coat it with the tortilla or bread crumbs. Place the pieces in the baking dish.
- Bake the chicken at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over and around the chicken pieces. Top each piece with the cheeses.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Serve with hot cooked gluten-free pasta.