Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pretzels
I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, and most kids do too. These small pretzels are a special treat that kids will be thrilled to find inside their lunch box.
This is also a great recipe for getting your kids involved in the kitchen. Make these together, and they’ll think of you when they munch on the pretzels at school.
Gluten Free Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pretzels Recipe
- Gluten-free pretzels (I used Glutino)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt with a wooden spoon or spatula. Then knead it with your hands until all the sugar is incorporated.
- Roll a small amount of peanut butter mixture into a ball and then press it between two pretzels. Use as much or little as you like. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Dip about half of each pretzel sandwich into the chocolate. Let it drip, then place it on the baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet into the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is chilled and hard. I put mine in the freezer for 5 – 10 minutes.
Leftover chocolate can be used to coat plain pretzels or fruit.