Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Honey Mustard Chicken Wings: A Super Bowl Favorite
I know some of you will find this hard to believe, but not everyone likes spicy hot food. I happen to be one of those people. I like my food with plenty of flavor, though, and that’s what these chicken wings have—flavor without being spicy hot.
If you’re preparing food for a Super Bowl party, I think everyone will like these chicken wings, but you could always serve them along with a batch of spicy wings so people have a choice.
Pre-made chicken wings are likely to contain gluten, so for anyone who is gluten-free, making your own is the safest way to go. Most mustard is gluten free. I have seen a few specialty mustards that do contain gluten, so always read the ingredients, but you shouldn’t have problems finding gluten-free Dijon mustard.
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove the wing tips and cut the wings in two pieces at the joint.
- Sprinkle the pieces with salt and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn, and bake 20 minutes more or until done.
- While the chicken is baking, stir together the mustard, honey, lemon juice, and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the chicken is done, use tongs to remove the pieces from the baking sheet and place them in the bowl with the sauce. Stir to evenly coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the baking sheet, basting with remaining sauce, and bake for 5 – 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.