Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Lunch Box Idea: Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe
Many moms pack lunches for their children to take to school or for themselves to take to work. Packing a lunch can help you save money and eat healthier. If you’re gluten free, it’s likely you pack a lunch more often than most people.
Egg salad is popular springtime lunch fare, and it’s easy to make. I like adding bacon for a real flavor treat. Pack the egg salad in a sealable container and include gluten-free crackers, or put it on gluten-free bread for a tasty sandwich. Better yet, go naturally gluten free (and low carb) by putting it on a bed of lettuce.
Bacon and Egg Salad Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Hard cook the eggs, cool, and peel.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain and chop or crumble into pieces.
- Dice the eggs and place them with the bacon in a medium-sized bowl. Toss with a spatula to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, water, and salt.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the egg and bacon and gently toss to coat.
- Serve with crackers or on a bed of lettuce.
Note: If you’re on a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are gluten free by reading the labels, especially the mustard.