Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Main Dish: Spanish rice with Sausage Recipe
Kids are getting back to school and activities are starting up again. It’s nice to have a few go-to meals that are quick and easy. This stove-top meal is is just that, and it’s full a flavor that your family will love. It also happens to be gluten free.
The ingredients in this recipe are usually gluten free, but you should always read labels to verify the gluten-free status of any ingredient. The sausage and chicken broth in particular might have gluten containing ingredients added to them.
Spanish Rice with Sausage Recipe
1 pound sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups white rice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
8 ounces tomato sauce
1. In a heavy pot, cook the sausage, stirring to crumble.
2. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain all but a couple tablespoons of the grease.
3. Add the onion and cook for several minutes until almost transparent.
4. Add the uncooked rice. Stir and cook for several minutes.
5. Add the garlic, stir and cook for one minute more.
6. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and tomato sauce.
7. Heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and stir in the sausage.