Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free No-Bake Date Balls
If you’re trying to cut back on refined sugar in your family’s diet, date balls are an excellent way to do it. They are naturally sweetened with dates and honey. The oats and nut butter provide fiber and protein. Put it all together and you have a healthy dessert or snack that you can make without using the stove or oven.
Gluten Free No-Bake Date Balls Recipe
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup nut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup rolled oats (choose gluten-free oats if on a gluten-free diet)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coatings of choice (cocoa powder, powdered sugar, coconut, coconut palm sugar, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients except for coating in a food processor, and process until the dates are smooth. The mixture should be crumbly but hold together when pressed into a ball. If it’s too dry, add a small amount of water.
- Use about 1½ teaspoons of mixture to form a ball, pressing and rolling it with your palms.
- Roll each ball in a coating of your choice.
- Chill before serving.
- Makes about 45 balls.
The wetness or dryness of the balls depends on your dates and the nut butter you are using. This recipe is very versatile and you can increase or decrease ingredients according to your desired consistency and taste.