Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Party Snack: Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Cinnamon roasted almonds are very easy to make, and they are a perfect party snack food. Add them to the table of munchies at a New Year’s Eve party, and they will get eaten up.
Nuts are naturally gluten-free but are sometimes processed on equipment or in facilities that process wheat. Look for that type of warning information near the ingredients on the package. It’s not required to be on the label, but I find that most packages of nuts do contain a warning statement.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds Recipe
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk the egg white and vanilla until frothy, about one minute.
- Stir in the nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine the white and brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Add to the nuts and stir to coat.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Stir after the first half hour and again half an hour later. The nuts should be dry. Stir and bake a little longer if they are still sticky.
- Cool in the pan then transfer to an airtight container.