Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Pizza that your Kids will Love!
If you are looking for a low-carb, gluten-free pizza or a way to use garden zucchini, this zucchini crust pizza is both. And don’t think this is just healthy mom food--even my kids love it!
Many people think the gluten-free diet is a weight loss diet. While some people do lose weight when they go gluten free, it’s not a given. Gluten-free baked goods are often higher in calories. Cutting carbs has helped me lose weight, and this is one of my favorite low-carb recipes.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons almond or rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pizza sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease a round pizza pan.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini with paper towels to remove some moisture.
- Stir together the zucchini, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, eggs, flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spread the zucchini mixture onto the prepared pizza pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The oven will be steamy, so be careful when you open the door.
- Remove the pizza and reduce the heat to 375°.
- Top the zucchini crust with pizza sauce, cheese and toppings of choice.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes more.
- Remove pizza from the oven and let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting. This will help it hold together, but it is still better to eat it with a fork.