Gluten Free Recipes
Gluten Free Taco Soup Recipe
Changing your menu according to the time of year not only allows you to take advantage of produce that is in season, but it adds variety to your diet.
Many families enjoy tacos, some on a weekly basis. While tacos can be enjoyed year round, why not mix it up a bit and have taco soup during the cold winter months?
This soup is easily made gluten-free, but you have to watch out for taco seasoning mix. Some mixes do contain gluten. McCormick is a a brand I use, but you should always read the label to be sure it’s safe. You could also add your own taco seasonings.
Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package gluten-free taco seasoning mix
- 1 can small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 3 cups water
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground beef and chopped onion in a skillet until done through. Drain.
- Add 3/4 cup of the water and the taco seasoning mix to the meat. Cook for several minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Spoon into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.