Healthy and Delicious Side Dish: Zucchini with Onions Recipe
I don’t know about you, but when planning dinner, I tend to focus on the main dish. As a result, the vegetable I’m serving can end up being quick, easy…and rather plain.
It doesn’t take a lot to dress up vegetables, though. A little seasoning goes a long way, and using different herbs can add flavor variety to the same vegetable. With just a few ingredients, you can serve a vegetable dish that is quick, easy…and flavorful, which means your kids are more likely to eat it.
Zucchini with Onions Recipe
- 3 – 4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Wash and trim the zucchini. Cut them into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut the onion into thin semi-circle slices.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet until melted. Add the zucchini and onions and stir to coat.
- Add the dill weed and stir again.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until the zucchini is just tender.