Kid Friendly Recipes
Kid Friendly Crispy Fish Sticks Recipe
I love fish, as long as I'm not the one cooking it. I've just never been one that can prepare it and have it taste like I want. But I keep trying my hand at it and I think I've finally found an easy way to make Crispy Fish Sticks.
There are several types of fish available that you can use, but I prefer Cod for this recipe. It's relatively inexpensive and has a taste that everyone is familiar with and it handles well. As a kid I loved fish sticks, it was always a special treat when we had them for dinner. The addition of some homemade tartar sauce and oven fries makes these Crispy Fish Sticks a kid friendly meal.
Crispy Fish Sticks Recipe
- 12 ounces Cod fillets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
1. Pat dry Cod fillets with paper towels.
2. Cut fillets into 3/4" x 3" sticks and season liberally with house seasoning. (House Seasoning recipe below)
3. Add fish sticks to a medium sized bowl and add mayonnaise and toss to coat.
4. Transfer to a medium bowl containing bread crumbs and toss to coat.
5. Place fish sticks on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 F degree oven, carefully turn once halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with house seasoning fresh out of oven.
7. While fish is cooking combine all the ingredients for the tartar sauce in a small bowl.
8. Serve with oven fries
House Seasoning Recipe - combine equal parts of salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder